The significant discoveries of natural gas in the Levant basin, particularly in the Leviathan, Tamar and Aphrodite fields, have raised several questions.
How will the recently discovered hydrocarbon impact the region's energy security? How will natural gas change the geopolitical landscape of the Eastern Mediterranean? And will Eastern Mediterranean gas contribute in diversifying the EU's sources of supply in line with Europe's quest to strengthen its energy security?
The aim of the conference is provide realistic and objective answers to the questions raised. The conference will provide a platform for a rich debate around the importance of the new discoveries on both a regional and international level. Our speakers will also highlight the prerequisites and limitations to sourcing the market with natural gas supply.
13:30 – 14:30 Registration – Coffee Reception
14:30 – 14:40 Welcome Speech: Dr. GKANOUTAS-LEVENTIS Angelos – Vice Chairman, Greek Energy Forum
14:40 – 14:50 Keynote Address: MALOSSE Henri – President, EESC
14:50 – 15:50 Panel 1 Moderator: Dr. ANDRIOSOPOULOS Kostas – Director, Research Centre for Energy Management at ESCP Europe; Vice Chairman, DEPA S.A.
- LAKKOTRYPIS Yiorgos – Energy Minister of Cyprus
- MANIATIS Ioannis – Energy Minister of Greece
- RISTORI Dominique – Directorate-General for Energy - European Commission
- ZEMACH Shaul – Former Director General, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources, Israel
15:50 – 17:05 Panel 2 Moderator: BUFFETAUT Stephane – President TEN Section, EESC
- LIVANIOS Anthony – CEO, Energy Stream CMG
- MATHER Peter – Group Regional Vice President for Europe, BP
- RIGAS Mathios – Chairman & CEO, Energean Oil & Gas
- SCOUFIAS Rikard – Head of Country, TAP AG
- MITROPOULOS Costas – Executive Director, PWC Greece
17: 05 – 18: 20 Panel 3 Moderator: AYAT Karen – Partner and Contributor, Natural Gas Europe
- BORCHARDT Klaus-Dieter – Director of Internal Energy Market, DG Energy, EU Commission
- BRANDSMA Charlotte – East Mediterranean Program Coordinator, German Marshal Fund
- GOUDEON Patrick – Director, ESCP Europe London Campus
- KREMLIS George – Head of Cohesion Policy and Environmental Impact
18:20 – 18:30 Conclusions: LAGAKOS Alexandros – Chairman, Greek Energy Forum
18:30 – 20:30 Cocktail Reception